Windows registry issues can be a worrisome one especially if you are not skillful at resolving computer related issues. You can fix problems with the database of your computer (the registry) manually, but it is best and safe to use software specially designed for this purpose – the registry cleaner.
Steps to take in Fixing your Computer Registry
The first thing to do is to ascertain that the problem with your PC is a Windows registry issue. The signs for a faulty registry include slowness, freezes, error messages, prolonged time while opening applications and general under-performance of the PC. If this is the case with your PC, then you can proceed with the below guidelines:
1. Click on registry to open the registry cleaner and ensure that the boxes under “registry cleaner” are all checked.
2. Click “Scan” to find errors and other invalid entries on your computer system. Then, watch as the progress bar reads off and get to 100 percent. The errors located by the software will be displayed.
3. Next, locate the button for “remove” or “repair” as the case may be, to either remove an error or repair a damaged file.
4. Prior to removing or repairing, a dialogue box will be displayed to ask for backing up of changes to the registry; the backup features will make a copy of your registry in case of any eventual error, so that you can restore your system to its former state before the scanning and cleaning.
5. At the completion of the scanning and cleaning, just click close to finish the process. You can now restart your system to see the effect of the cleaning on your PC. If the software was effective enough, your PC’s speed will skyrocket, freezes will cease and the overall performance of your PC will be greatly improved.
6. Registry cleaner is the best tool for handling issues related to the Windows registry of your PC. However, you have to be careful to choose risk-free and highly effective software for this purpose. You also need to look out for certain features that characterize a good registry cleaner.